The Figueiredo e Velloso firm stands out for its agile and personalized service provided by its partners in the various areas of Corporate Law, among which are the purchase and sale of companies, structuring of joint ventures and formation of new companies, corporate matters in general (including publicly-held companies), drafting and negotiating various business contracts, corporate reorganizations, succession planning, construction contracts, arbitrations. The firm also operates with a predominant focus on mergers, incorporations and spin-offs, in addition to acquisitions and disposals of equity interests and assets; advising from the preliminary negotiations, the execution and supervision of legal diligence, the preparation and negotiation of the definitive contracts, until the closing of the operation with the regulatory entities.
Figueiredo&Velloso is urged to act on corporate matters in general, usually resulting from operations carried out by its clientele that involve the purchase and sale of companies or assets, the formation of joint ventures, the structuring and formation of new companies, construction or engineering contracts, the formation of consortia, investment funds, among others.
Based on the diversity and multidisciplinarity intrinsic to its team of professionals, the firm seeks to deepen the knowledge of the client, the external factors that involve him and the operation itself, in order to serve the clientele, especially through activities in:
- Conducting business since preliminary negotiations;
- Negotiation and drafting of memorands of understanding and definitive contracts, as well as close monitoring of operations until the respective closings with the regulatory entities;
- Negotiation of shareholders’ agreements;
- Conducting corporate reorganization projects and preparing various corporate documents: minutes of meetings, bylaws, articles of association, internal regulations, codes of ethics, among others;
- Drafting complex commercial contracts to document developments involving different business groups, including international ones.